Well this came as a nice surprise. I discovered I’ve been nominated by Brandon Bored (he has a very good blog) for A Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I have to say I feel guilty responding so quickly to this one when I’ve another from last month I haven’t done! But I’m in ‘the mood’ to respond so will go with it. Sorry Sonya Loveday, I promise I’ll answer your award!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2.Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.State 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5.Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Myself:
- I don’t blog with my real name because I don’t think I could discuss what I do with such candidness if not for a pseudonym. That and I don’t want the world (Google) knowing my life quite so well.
- I’ve felt different my whole life because I can intuit people with high accuracy in terms of their intention and personality. This makes it hard for me to treat everyone I meet the same, as I adjust myself to the people I meet; although I try not to be such a chameleon like when I was younger. I’m getting better at staying ‘myself’ with people rather than trying to be someone I’m not.
- At one time I couldn’t live without books. Now it feels like I can’t live without my computer and the internet!
- Animals are very dear to my heart. I stopped eating all meat at age 14 and haven’t gone back (1996-present).
- Unethical people make me angry because I feel like everyone should want to treat others fairly and with dignity.
- I’m passionate about politics and don’t understand how anyone can be uninterested in them, including personal politics like feminism and race relations.
- It took my mother dying for me to be able to really heal. Her death allowed me to unburden myself of shamefulness and secrecy in therapy, as I finally felt safe enough to open up.
15 Deserving Bloggers: I have tried to pick bloggers I’ve not nominated before for awards yet. Also the list is not in any sort of order of importance so don’t pay attention to what number you are!